Play is the child’s language and toys are the child’s words!
What is Play Therapy?
Play Therapy is an opportunity for children to express themselves without
words but rather through play. It can be difficult for children to sit down and talk about their fears and their struggles like most adults. Through play therapy, the children are given the opportunity to play in a way that shows the counselor what the child is thinking and/or what he/she is struggling with. With this information, the child can find ways to cope with emotions and the different social difficulties that he/she may be going through.
What We Use
There are many different kinds of techniques in play therapy, please find some popular techniques as follows:
- SAND PLAY
- THERAPEUTIC STORYTELLING
- CREATIVE ART
- THERAPEUTIC BOARD GAMES
Hi, my name is Baris, and I am one of the homeroom teachers at KiddyKare International Kindergarten. Here at KiddyKare, we are passionate about helping children
and being with them in their self-discovery journey. Play Therapy is one such way of doing this. It is a wonderfully creative model of therapy, primarily aimed at helping children and young people explore their emotions in a safe and secure environment.
Play Therapy is a gentle approach to counselling …
Do you know a child who……
- Is not realizing his/her full potential – academically, or socially?
- Has nightmares or has disturbed sleep?
- Is at risk of being/is excluded from school?
- Has suffered trauma?
- Has suffered emotional, physical or sexual abuse?
- Is adopted or fostered or in the process of being?
- Suffers because of separated/divorced parents?
- Suffers from anxiety, stress or phobias?
- Has suffered a loss or bereavement of any kind?
- Is withdrawn or continually unhappy?
- Is ill, disabled, or autistic?
- Finds it difficult to make friends?
- Quarrels frequently with peers or siblings?
- Bullies others or is bullied himself/herself?
- Displays inappropriate behaviour?
- Doesn’t play?
P.T.I. Play Therapy International & PTUK
For more information about the Organization and regulations please visit